In a little bit, my husband and I will be heading off to his parents’ place for a week.
But instead of packing like I should be, I thought I would post something for you! :D
I made these the other night for dinner, and they were a nice change from our regular tuna patties.
Grate half a zucchini into the bowl. If you’ve never grated vegetables, do not be alarmed. It’s quite easy. If you have a food processor with some sort of grating attachment then
I’m going to steal it from you lucky you!
Lightly sprinkle some salt on the grated veggies, scoop them into a colander, and let the excess water drain.
Add two cans of drained tuna, and mix again.
Not pictured because I’m a dork: Add a dash of salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp. onion powder and garlic powder, 2 tsp. dried dill, 1 egg, and one cup of bread crumbs. If the mixture is too liquidy, you can add more bread crumbs.
Heat a little olive oil or butter in a pan over medium heat. Form the tuna mixture into patties (once again using your hands, and embracing your inner child) and place in the pan. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes or until browned.
Serve and enjoy! These are good by themselves, but they also go well with tartar sauce.
Tuna & Veggie Patties (serves 3 – 4)
- 1/2 large carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
- 2 medium-small potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 egg
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Grate the carrot and zucchini and place in a colander. Sprinkle lightly with salt and set aside to let excess water drain.
- Meanwhile, boil the cubed potatoes. When soft, drain and mash.
- Grate onion into a large bowl. Add the mashed potato, the carrot and zucchini, and the drained tuna. Mix well.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper (to taste), onion powder, garlic powder, dill week, egg, and bread crumbs. Mix well. If mixture is too moist, add some more bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form patties with the tuna mixture, and place in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Serve.
Okay! I have to go pack now! Have a good week everyone!