Happy Valentine’s Day!
I can’t write too much today, because Hisa and I are going out today to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
We’re going to go to have lunch, go to the OKC Art Museum, go see a movie, and then we have reservations for dinner at a nice restaurant. It should be fun!
Before I go though, I wanted to leave you with an awesome cookie recipe from marthastewart.com. If you want to make something special and sweet, but haven’t decided what yet, these are beautiful and extremely yummy cookies!
Have a great Valentine’s Day!
Pecan Linzer Cookies with Raspberry Filling
(makes 16 – 18 cookies)
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 c. toasted pecan halves
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- dash salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar or sucanat
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. seedless raspberry jam
- Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside
- In a food processor, pulse pecans, salt, cinnamon, and powder sugar until finely ground, but not wet. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add butter and granulated sugar, and mix with mixer. Add vanilla and egg and continue mixing.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing after each addition.
- Halve dough. Shaped into two discs, wrap with saran wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Roll out one disc at a time to 1/8 in. thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Re-roll the scraps. Use a smaller heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out a smaller heart within half of the cut out hearts.
- Bake cookies 8 – 9 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan, heat jam on medium-low heat for 5 – 6 minutes until it reduces slightly. Let cool.
- Sprinkle cookies with centers cut out with powdered sugar, and cover whole heart cookies with raspberry filling. Place cut-out hearts on top of the jam covered cookies.
recipe adapted from marthastewart.com