Hey! Sorry for the prolonged silence…
We’ve been so busy around here, busyness is practically oozing from my pores!
Or maybe that’s just the lingering humidity that came back from Houston with me…
Rather than complicate things with a long, drawn-out story, here’s the breakdown:
- Hisa got the job in Houston he interviewed for.
- We’re moving to Houston.
- We visited my brothers, my sister-in-law, and my brother’s fiance in Austin.
- Hisa and I slept on the couch/air mattress at my brother/sister-in-law’s place while frantically searching online for somewhere in Houston to live.
- We extended our rental car for another week (which caused much strife and anger against the car rental company….but I won’t go there)
- We went back to Houston and went to look at as many apartments as we could.
- We had margaritas to battle the stress/fatigue of apartment hunting…
- We found an apartment! Yay!
- We came back to Oklahoma yesterday.
We now have a little over a week to find a moving company, get them out here to get all of our stuff out before my parents move out of here on June 3rd….
Oh, we also have to buy furniture; open a bank account; sell our old couch; help my parents pack, move, and unpack; get another car; and get car insurance for said car all before we move to Houston…
Fortunately, we won’t actually be moving into our apartment in Houston until June 15, so that gives us a little more time for those last things.
Like I said, the busyness is oozing from my pores.
Needless to say, I won’t be able to post as much as I want to in the coming two weeks, but I will be posting some! Even if it’s just an update post like this one.
Hisa and I are super excited that he’s found a job, and we’ll be moving to Houston. Of course we’re a little sad that we’ll be 8 hours away from my parents, but we’ll be closer to my brothers, which is great.
We’re also excited to be moving on with the next big step of our lives!
Oh yeah, being 30 minutes away from the beach AND the biggest mall in Texas is a big plus too. :)