Hello beautiful people!
Happy July and happy Monday!
That kind of sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? “Happy Monday.”
It’s hard to believe it’s already July, but I think I say that at the beginning of every month.
At least I’m predictable, lol.
Things here have settled down a bit. We’re finally completely unpacked (yaaaaay!), Hisa’s getting into the routine of his new job, and I’m getting back into the routine of blogging, working out, etc. I’m also keeping busy getting ready to attend school this fall, and looking for a part time job.
So far, we like Houston and the area we live in. We love our apartment complex. I like all the palm trees and tropical flowers growing everywhere. Hearing seagulls calling outside instead of regular birds is taking some getting used to, but I still like it. We’ve yet to go swim in the ocean, but hopefully we will soon. So far the only complaints I have about Houston is the heat/humidity and the traffic. Overall though, Hisa and I are quite happy with the place.
We don’t have any great plans for the 4th of July as of yet, other than grilling hotdogs and making homemade ice cream, but I’d like to go see a fireworks show or something. We’ll see what happens. Hopefully it won’t rain. It does rain a lot here, and not in the dreary-gloomy-rain kind of way, but the sudden-tropical-thunderstorm kind of way. Maybe we can go to the beach for the 4th. That would be fun.
Menu Plan for July 2 – 8:
- Mon: Tofu hamburg with grated daikon and ponzu, miso soup, steamed rice, and steamed broccoli and carrots
- Tues: Zucchini lasagna and tossed salad
- Wed (Independence Day): Waffles with strawberries and blueberries (breakfast); grilled hotdogs, chips, and coleslaw; homemade vanilla ice cream and peach crisp
- Thurs: Chana masala with steamed rice
- Fri: Breakfast burritos for dinner with green chile sauce
- Sat: (eating out)
- Sun: (Hisa cooking)