When I was a kid, my mom would often make curry chicken salad. It was the only kind of chicken salad we had at home, and really, it’s all we needed, because we all loved it.
Despite hating celery and olives as a kid, I loved this chicken salad. I still do. It’s a classic.
My husband loves it as well. Heck, he’s loved it since he first had it, before we were dating! How’s that for a good chicken salad, eh?
It goes well on sandwiches, crackers, in wraps, on lettuce, on baked potatoes, and by itself.
I really can’t think of anything else to say about it. It’s self-explanatory in its simple greatness.
Easy. Delicious. What more can you ask for?
Oh, and it’s even better the next day!
Thanks, Mom, for this great recipe!
Curry Chicken Salad
(serves 6 – 8)
- 2 (10 oz.) cans cooked chicken
- 2 (2.25 oz.) cans sliced black olives
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 c. diced celery (about 1 1/2 stalks)
- 1 c. sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1 apple
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- Add the chicken, olives, celery, and toasted almonds to a large bowl. Chop up the water chestnuts and add those as well.
- Peel, core, and chop up the apple into small chunks, and add them to the bowl. Mix everything well.
- Add the mayonnaise and curry powder, and mix until everything is well coated. Add salt to taste.